• Participants should register according to their age as of 12/31/2016.
• The age groups are: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+.
• Events will be conducted by age group except when it is necessary to combine for competition.
• The age group for doubles teams and 3-on-3 basketball teams will be determined by the youngest player. All team members must submit an individual entry form and entry fee. Partner/teammate(s) must be indicated during registration to be eligible to participate. Partners will not be provided for competitors.
• Registration fee is $35.00 which includes two events, a commemorative T-shirt and one ticket to the Celebration Banquet. Additional banquet tickets will be $10 at the door.
Check-In Times and Event Scheduling:
• Participants must check-in one-half hour prior to event start time
• T-shirts will be provided at check-in
• Participants are allowed and encouraged to enter more than one event, but do so at their own risk as schedule changes cannot be made to accommodate sports that occur simultaneously. Please plan accordingly.
• In the event of inclement weather or unusual/extenuating circumstances, Senior Sports Classic Officials reserve the right to change the format of the competition, postpone events, or cancel. Refunds will not be given due to weather.
• Medals will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age category at the event venue.
• The West Virginia Senior Sports Classic is open to out-of-state residents.
• Competition must take place to determine an award. If there is only one individual entered in an age group, that athlete must enter and complete the event in order to receive the medal. That athlete will be placed in the closest age category with, but not against, those athletes.