All participants in individual and team events must be 50 years of age or older on or before December 31, 2022. The age divisions for the WVSSC will be determined by your age on December 31, 2021 for both team and individual sports. The age divisions will be as listed for both men and women: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+. All must compete in their own age group except in doubles or team play when the younger player determines the age group. Proof of age may be required.
2. REGISTRATION:The 2022 fees include a $45.00 non-refundable registration fee which includes a tee shirt and three events in an individual sport. THERE WILL BE NO TEAM FEES but individual members are required to register. Additional fees include: Bowling $8.50; Golf $65.00 for green fees and 1/2 cart to equal $65.00 . Registration will close June 20, 2022 The pickleball coordinator reserves the right to close the registration for pickleball prior to the June 20th date. Space and courts are limited.
Medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners at each venue following the conclusion of the event.
The West Virginia Senior Sports Classic is open to out-of-state residents.
Competition must take place to determine an award. If there is only one individual entered in an age group, that athlete must enter and complete the event in order to receive the medal. That athlete will be placed in the closest age category with, but not against, those athletes.
The official rules of The National Senior Games Association for each event will be followed. Final interpretation of all rules will be the event coordinators. Their decision will be final. Go to www.NSGA.com for a copy of the rules.
The West Virginia Senior Sports Classic is affiliated with The National Senior Games Association but is in no way affiliated or associated with either the United States Olympic Committee or the International Olympic Committee.
Each sport will hold check-in at each venue prior to the event.
Charleston Tennis Club
One Day Tournament
Friday July 15, 2022
1. 180+ Matches
2. Remember Your Match Numbers
3. Front Draws best 2 out of 3 games. The first 2 are to 11win by 2. The 3rd game tiebreaker is to 15 with rally scoring win by 1.
4. Back Draw's are one game to 15 win by 2
5. All players are to report the results of their match upon completion.
6. Leave the balls on the court when finished.
7. Courts are numbered 1a,b; 2a,b; 3a,b; 4a,b; 5a,b; 6a,b
8. Switch sides after each game and after 8 points in the tiebreaker as well as the back draw games.
9. Practice Courts are outside. They are located to the right of the clubhouse, follow the path past the tennis courts and over the hill.
10. Courts 1a & b inside are also warmup courts. All other courts are off limits once matches begin.
Finger food will be available for lunch provided by the WVSSC Board free of charge. Water and fruit will also be available throughout the day free of charge.
The Tennis Club clubhouse will be open all day for food service at club prices.